A person who desires to obtain information under RTI Act, 2005 can make a request in standard format (annexed below), alongwith the prescribed fee as prescribed in Notification dated 16/9/2005 of Govt. of India, Ministry of Personnel & Training (reproduced below).
For obtaining information pertaining to Central Railway, the fees can be paid against proper receipt at Booking windows at Railway stations or Cash Office or in the form of Demand Draft/Bankers� cheque drawn in favour of �FA & CAO, CORE; Allahabad�.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, Dated the 16th September, 2005
G.S.R, In exercise of the powers conferred by clauses (b) and (c) of Sub-section (2) of Section 27 of the Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement
(1) These rules may be called the Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Definitions: In the rules, unless the context otherwise requires :-
(a)�Act� means the Right to Information Act, 2005
(b)�section� means section of the Act;required
(c) all other words and expressions used herein but not defined and defined in the Act shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Act.
3. A request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority.
4. For providing the information under sub-section (1) of Section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority at the following rates:-
(a) rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
(b) actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
(c) actual cost or price for samples or models; and
(d) for inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of rupees five for subsequent hour* (or fraction thereof).
* Amended & notified vide extraordinary Gazette published by Govt. of India , Ministry of Personal and Training on 27.10.2005; circulated vide Railway Board�s letter no. 2005/PR/15/7 dated 12.12.2005</td>
5. For providing the information under sub-section (5) of Section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the Public authority at the following rates:-
(a) for information provided in diskette or floppy, rupees fifty per diskette or floppy; and
(b) for information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or rupees two per page for photocopy of extracts from the publication.